About the Dogs:
- Evee is an 14-year-old Bichon Frise. She was born on Christmas Eve (hence her name). My parents gave me Evee after we lost our first family dog. Evee is a sweetheart, the dog that I can trust with anyone and anything. She loves entertaining us with her humorous “Bichon antics”. Evee loves playing agility and recently started competing. Despite her age, she keeps up with the younger dogs and loves to run “zoomies”!
- Bailey is a 5-year-old All-American (possibly a Beagle/Border Collie mix … but whatever he is, he sure is handsome). We adopted Bailey in 2008 and are forever grateful to his foster parents for rescuing him and allowing us to adopt him. Bailey is very loving and people-oriented but at the same time, independent. He lives to explore and is always on the lookout for squirrels. Bailey loves playing agility (tunnels are his favorite) and is consistent at trials.
- Diesel Wayne is a 4-year-old Australian Shepherd/Beagle. He is a striking bi-blue merle with neat markings (he has a heart on his side!). I adopted him in late 2009 and my life has not been the same since. Diesel is my heart and soul dog, the dog that is my constant shadow. He is quite the active boy and plays agility and disc (he lives for his frisbee). But true to his roots, Diesel’s favorite activity is “watching his sheep”.
- Kylie Anne is a 4-year-old Australian Shepherd from working lines. A unique shaded sable merle, she is everything that an Aussie should be and more! Kylie plays agility and herding – she has shown a lot of potential in the agility world and has already proven herself as a solid herding dog. She also lives for water and swimming – her nickname is “Miss Aussie-fish”. Kylie is our best disc dog and loves to get “big air”!
- Cinco is a 3-year-old Miniature Pinscher. We rescued him in the fall of 2010 and intended on getting him back to good health and finding him a forever home, but he quickly stole our hearts and the rest is history. Cinco is your typical Min Pin – he prances around like he owns the place and thinks that he is a 100-lb big dog. Cinco recently made his agility debut, and boy is he a little speed demon!
- I am an occupational therapist (OT). He’s an engineer! We’re high school sweethearts.
- I love training dogs, especially when it comes to trick training. I use strictly positive-based training methods, particularly positive reinforcement through clicker training. I believe that the number of new behaviors that you can elicit using these methods is limitless!
- I love to play dog sports with my pups. We’ve tried agility, herding, canine disc/disc dog, flyball, and dock-diving. We currently play and are focusing on agility and canine disc/disc dog.
- I also do animal rescue work; it brings me much personal joy and satisfaction. I’ve been volunteering with various rescues since 2005 and have personally fostered and placed 11 puppies, 4 dogs, 7 kittens, and 2 cats over the past few years.
- I love the great outdoors. My fiancé and I enjoy hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, and camping. The dogs frequently accompany us on our outdoor adventures.