32 Days: Today is the greatest day ever!
Kylie never, ever wakes up on the wrong side of the bed. Every single morning is like Christmas morning to her. She’s like the annoyingly happy, overly enthusiastic, polar opposite version of Chicken Little. Kylie can’t wait to start the day. As soon as she sees my eyes start to crack open, she begins her morning wakeup routine (aka Aussie spaz attack). Every other dog is more than happy to sleep in and looks at Kylie as though she belongs in a psych ward.
- Kylie: “GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!!! TODAY IS THE GREATEST DAY EVER!”
- Bailey: “… Zzzzzz …”
- Diesel: “You definitely said the same exact thing yesterday morning.”
- Kylie: “NO, BUT SERIOUSLY! TODAY IS ACTUALLY THE GREATEST DAY EVER! LET’S CELEBRATE!”
- Evee: “… Zzzzzz …”
- Diesel: “Not every single day can be the greatest day ever.”
- Kylie: “BUT IT IS! COME ON! LET’S ALL GET UP AND GO RUN AROUND AND HOLD HANDS AND SING SONGS AND PLAY AND WRESTLE AND BLAH BLAH BLAH …” (Which by this point, everyone is totally annoyed with Kylie and wants to suffocate her with a pillow.)
While I try and prolong staying in bed for as long as possible, and as much as I want to strangle Kylie during her ridiculous crack-of-dawn escapades, I have to admit that Kylie has a good point – wake up, embrace the day, and live life as if every day is indeed the greatest day ever.